Old 04-18-2021, 06:50 PM
Unicorn Quilts

I can work on up to two simultaneously. I was participating in two QALs with overlapping schedules. I was piecing one and cutting for another, then swapped out by keeping cut pieces and blocks for each on baking sheets. It got a little cumbersome since my workspace is so small.

Right now I've got three tops ready to baste, rolled up on pool noodles so they can stay crease-free. I've got at least four more completed tops, but they would need to be unfolded and pressed. There are several UFOs with most/all the blocks done, but they need to be assembled into tops. I don't like sewing and pressing top-length seams because it's so unwieldy, but I'm getting over that. I've got a design wall now and a new basting (pool noodle) method, so that's helping me to finish quilts. My mind and hands are excited to start something new, but I'd like to get one top quilted before I start pulling fabrics and patterns.

If I could get through my current stash of packaged batting, I'd feel pretty good! Three twins, five queens. I want to get to a place where I buy batting and backing as I need it. That way I'll have the opportunity to try new brands instead of what I impulse bought because I had a coupon or it was on clearance.