View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 04:14 AM
sewingpup

Default old embroidery designs

OK, I got the new machines, now I am looking though my old embroidery designs. Oh my! Some are on floppies, some are on CD's going back to it looks like 1999. so I have been attempting to transfer some of the designs to my USB sticks. It has been a learning experience. Some of them, I can transfer using my explorer and my desktop, others, not so much. The ones that seem to be the problem are ones that came with an "installer program" which worked great on those computers that worked good with the older windows versions way back then but will not work now and I can't find the specific embroidery designs on the disk. Would you believe, I did get some files off an old floppy disc unto my usb stick using an external floppy drive I had around. Bottom line, it is not only the newer computerized machines that do not last very long, it is all the old technology that stops working on our newer stuff. Oh, and I noticed that some of my CD discs have a cloudy film on them that have been stored in the plastic wrapper they came in. Yikes and now I hear, new computers and devices are only coming with 1 USB port and no CD drives...everything is going to the cloud I guess. I guess just call me..."old relic". tee hee