View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 03:57 AM
Iceblossom

It's lovely and I think most of the rest of us are having a hard time finding reasons not to finish it. But it is a lot of time, work, material and cost between a top and a finished project. I go through a point in each quilt where I just don't like them any more. It's usually brief but sometimes it is forever... for one reason or another.

I no longer considered "unquilted tops" as UFOs. They are completed tops, just not quite quilts yet and can be stored nicely for extended periods.

It might be a bad precedent but you can just set the top aside as it is, with or without the border. I usually write a note to myself with some sort of status like "Current size/needs border??". And then, if you decide you are never coming back to this project, donate it in some way. I'd be all thrilled if I got it and would post pictures of the super cool UFO I just picked up!!

I've learned that most of my projects are no where near perfection and some are closer to my internal vision than others. While it's always more fun to work on something I'm really excited about, ultimately (for me anyway) most of what I do is for other people anyway.