View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 06:45 PM
IceLeopard

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I haven’t bought a quilt magazine since they stopped publishing Quilters Newsletter Magazine.
I cancelled my QNM subscription with four issues left to run. I got an envelope marked Final Notice! Services Will Be Cut Off! (Only all in shouty caps.) It was a trick to get you to open a subscription renewal letter wondering in a panic what bill you'd forgotten. I called them and the CSR blandly chirped "Oh, the 'service cutoff' means your subscription." I told her that I had fully intended to renew, but I was not going to tolerate such chicanery, and to stop my subscription now. She argued, but I got a refund anyway.

My favorite, Quilts with Style/Foundation Piecer, stopped publishing some years ago. It got too big for a mom-and-pop operation, but not big enough to hire a staff.

I think Quiltmaker may still be in business, but I dropped that one too when a new publisher took it over. They took out all the features that I liked best and started to publish a magazine like all the rest of their line. There used to be 2 or 3 per issue that I wanted to make; after 4 or 5 magazines with nothing but bland traditional patterns in ugly fabrics, I let it lapse.