Old 04-25-2021, 10:47 AM
Janice McC

Good afternoon, Kristijoy. Re: Starching, it’s a personal choice. I like to starch but we do try to keep aromas to a minimum as some Boomers are sensitive to them. If starching is your preference, please allow the fabric to air out a bit before bagging.

As for size of the baggies, usually the smaller the better. I like to use sandwich size baggies. I put the folded F8 and a small note with my board name clearly marked on it and my color requests, if I have any, inside.

As long as I’ve mentioned color requests, please note you don’t need to have any. If, however, you have a vision of your finished quilt and it doesn’t include white for example, I’d request that white not be used with your fabric. If you’d like to see your fabric paired with blue, you may request that. Remember, be clear with your requests and not so specific as to make it very difficult for your fellow swappers to achieve your desired results.

Hope that helps!
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Morning! A couple questions:

1. Would it be helpful to starch the fabric? I'm thinking you probably don't want me to do that...

2. What size plastic bag do you use for each piece...is a quart big enough?

Thanks!