Old 03-04-2010, 08:57 PM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
How do you decide who gets the quilt?
For now, I'm not. If I notice one of our 2 kids or grandchildren bonding with one, I'll put their name on the back. Normally I make quilts specifically for one of them and they get it immediately but have decided that once I get my last grandchild quilt finished - in the next 2 months, the quilts I'm making will stay with me for awhile at least. I'd like to have some here for when the kids visit. Each grandchild came home in a grammy quilt and soon all 7 will have a twin quilt especially made for them. Now whatever I have time to make is extra and once I'm gone, the kids can divide them up if my husband will allow. He loves my quilts and gets upset because I tend to give them away as soon as they are completed. I recently made one just for him and I know he'll treasure it as he wore out his other one. Once I accomplish 11 quilts I'll try and figure out who will get what so that each one will get one more for sure. If they get to use them or see something in use during a visit, the quilted item will be more of a treasure than if they never see or use it. My oldest grandaughter has already let me know which one is her favorite and she doesn't know about my decision but one day, her name will be on it and she'll see that probably next summer when she comes.