View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 02:37 AM
Mkotch

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
I couldn't cut up my own original fabric designed with Spoonflower site. So, I used 2 yards for major part of this quilt. I had 2-3 solids selected for borders, but decided quilt was busy enough and went with the one. Now, how to quilt. Not a lot of options for me, just straight line stitching, so, I FMQ following the irregular space between clusters. Then used painter's tape to mark a straight line between those. On the border, I broke out the twin needle and 2 different variegated threads. 3 rounds of serpentine stitching and finished with coordinating automated stitch for binding. I had to slow down my speed because I was asking a lot from my needles! Before I finished the binding, I could hear the plunk, plunk, plunking of dull twin needles, and I was hoping they would hold up til the end! Best of all, when I ordered new twin needles, I found metallic thread twins also!
Great idea! Hadn't thought of using twin needle for serpentine stitch. Will have to give it a try. Your quilt looks fabulous! The quilting really is a wonderful enhancement.