View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 02:01 AM
Iceblossom

Today I am really thinking about the discount I was given when I ordered that Dragonfly backing but I'm going to try and not act on it...

Instead I will be figuring out how to cut the sashing for the comfort top. We are going to grade the sashing from dark to light, easiest would be bottom to top, but also going to look at a diagonal thing.

Planes have significance to the person receiving the project. We slightly changed a traditional pattern, the directions were "preferably at least 2 colors for the plane and a sky backing".

The sashing fabric is from the Color Bars collection -- it has 1993 in the selvedge info and I remember buying the piece! Originally I was going to do some Seminole Piecing with it but this has come up first. The first photo shows two pieces, they had various color groups, forget if it was night and day or cold and hot or just what.

Picture two is two sets of the blocks, there will be 5 total

Third picture shows two of my cat-planes (other more vintage) plus the border, binding and backing which is all coming from stash.

The recipient is not only quilt worthy, but vintage fabric worthy! The backing is vintage with selvedge info, think it was 1953ish by the registered brand name was first used in 1952.
Attached Thumbnails 100_6070.jpg   100_6069.jpg   100_6091.jpg