View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 05:56 AM
Iceblossom

I was looking at some of my picture directories and I found these shots of a collection phase project. Since I mostly shop sales and thrift stores and I have some pretty strange ideas, it can take me awhile to collect the fabrics. I have declared this one as no more collecting/if I don't have enough fabric by now I have more problems than I thought.

For this one it is "blue and white fabrics with snowflakes." I'm going to make nine Lone Star sampler blocks, each different and instead of the more usual radiating colors, will be made to look like snowflakes. I know mathematically snow flakes and lone stars have different numbers of points, but in quilt world we can make magic happen!

I have everything now, including a back -- but it isn't quite yet kitted and definitely not a WiP or a UFO (whatever helps me sleep at night). I have some purging to do, like there is golden snowflake fabric. And I have a lot of prewashing to do. Then, when I kit it I'll have a rough understanding of how many strips of fabric I'll need, I'll make sure the smaller pieces are usable lengths and then start cutting down the strips. Nice thing is all the diamonds are exactly the same. Still a kit, but moving up the rankings towards WiP.
Attached Thumbnails 100_5722.jpg   100_5721.jpg