View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 06:48 AM
Iceblossom

When I won that auction for thread and was getting directions, I found a site marked on the map about quilting. I looked it up and a local person with a home quilting business and many years of quilting in the community (and working until the business shut down) has a similar open house. Space is limited but an actual work group day for free. She's still shut that down and I'm sure shots will be required along with other things if she opens it up again. But in good news, she did her first retreat in a year! My friend in Arizona is also going to her first quilt camp.

I was a happy solo quilter for years and then found I really enjoyed the community aspects. Just being around other people who may not do the same styles I do but who at least get that I'm doing something is really nice!

My Tuesday group, since Covid we've been meeting outside. Seattle in winter especially is not conducive to much handwork. We are doing less actual work and more show and tell and talking and as the year has progressed we are doing even more talk and less show... but we need the get-together. I'd really welcome a work group as well. It's still a motivator for me to have something to show/progress each week.