View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 02:03 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

I love basting with Elmers Washable school glue. I don't have any issues with my hand/arms/shoulders/fingers/wrists with a gentle squeeze of the bottle and drizzle in a grid pattern. I sometimes sit the bottle in some warm water to make it easier to drizzle out. I am 20 plus quilts in, some as big as queen size, and I've never had a wrinkle, or not have it wash out. Once it is dry it doesn't gum up the needle or break needle/thread. If I get a glob, I use my finger to smooth it out. I don't have any sensory issues to prevent this. I don't find the need to dilute, it is very inexpensive, and I don't want to spray it on, because, so far I haven't found a need. I lay my batting down, lay the backing over it (it is just my habit to start with the backing), pull back the backing, drizzle glue on the batting, smooth it up and out and then go to the other side of the table and repeat. Then flip over and do top. I'm not usually in a hurry so dispense with ironing. By the time I am ready to quilt it is dry. I've tried pin basting, thread basting and spray basting. this is my favorite way.