Old 05-02-2021, 09:41 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

My domestic sewing machines are middle-aged - but, from what I have heard, were consdered "top of the line" at the time they were made. Apparently "domestic" has replaced "home" when referring to sewing machines.

Bernina Record 930 - bought used
Pfaff Creative 1475 - bought used
Necchi BU - bought used
Necchi Mira - bought used

So - will one ever have "the latest and greatest"? Maybe for about five minutes until something newer and "better" come along.

Because I have never had a "fancy" machine - I am not used to an automatic thread cutter or serious computer settings.

The only thing I really would have wanted on the Pfaff and/or Bernina is a buttonhole/applique stitch. Other than than, I am happy with how both of them work. And for what I do, they are more than adequate.

And a lot of times, my "humble" Singer 237 (straight stitch, zig-zag, forward, and back, and three needle positions) is my favorite workhorse. It is heavy, though. weights 35-40 pounds.

PS. I wish you and everyone concerned the best long-term outcome possible with your fertility issues. From what I have heard and read, IVF is a very expensive procedure.

Last edited by bearisgray; 05-02-2021 at 09:44 AM.