View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 05:28 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by petra_eloise View Post
I really hate listening to sewing machines, and bending over them, and just about all the frustrations I've had with them, but I may be looking at needing a machine to do what I want...
I don't have any advice re your original question, but re: listening to them - how about listening to music on earphones while you sew? re: bending over them - how about an adjustable chair with your machine at an ergonomic height that is proper for you? re: other frustrations - too vague to help you with, but this group is great at helping you solve problems. Some machines can be more troublesome than others. I have a Brother 1500, it's a basic machine, straight-stitch only, not computerized, but definitely a workhorse. I've used it as my "daily driver" for about 10 years now and have never needed to take it in for repair. Little bit of love comprised of oil, vacuuming out threads and dust, and some appreciative words, and she just purrs along. I bought mine used for $400, you can buy them new for about $700.