Old 03-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Mamagus

I have LONG been saying this: If more men sewed or if women were the sewers and the engineers, sewing machines would have evolved decades ago into the machines that we need.

1. fix the stupid tiny bobbin problem.
2. Build the blasted things with 20" throats... after all it IS only a bit of metal and a few wires that have to be extended.
3. Extend the feed dogs so the first stitch catches each and every time
4. provide some kind of device so that the foot pedal will stay where you put it.
5. Illuminate the working area with lights that are bright enough so you can see your work area!!!
6. And while I am venting... why the heck should I have to pay extra for a stitch regulator? Isn't that what a sewing machine SHOULD do?

My friend just bought a cute little basic sewing machine and paid about 500.00 for the same machine that I bought 30 years ago. Oh there's more plastic and brighter dials, but it is identical in what it does to my machine from thirty years ago. Can you IMAGINE the uproar that would be created if you bought a computer THREE (not 30) years later that had the same capabilities as the one you had bought three years before!

I tell ya we are being shafted!