Old 05-20-2021, 01:41 PM
Lena1952

I am sorry for missing all the fun with the post cards. This past year has been a hectic one, not only because of Covid but also my dad's failing health. Between Parkinson's and dementia he required more of my time and toward the end even more! Some days I am not sure he knew me, although I think he had a vague idea that he knew me in some manner:-( He had outbursts of paranoia as well. He died April 22, 2021 and has finally found some peace.

It's a shame more people don't realize how much fun and the potential to attempt new concepts in quilt techniques on a small, more manageable scale. I tried to learn something new with each card. At times this really stretched my brain. After seeing dementia up close and personal, I want to keep expanding and using all the brain cells I have. Quilted post cards was a wonderful avenue for doing just that and I will miss the challenges. Thank you all for allowing me to join, stretch and grow. Hopefully we can start again some time in the future. Best Wishes to you all and keep sewing!