View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 05:22 PM
[email protected]

Default I need tension dial

Originally Posted by dudenaz View Post
Update - I've done some research and testing on my with my 99K. This machine is a piece of ingenuity! This forum (QB in general) has been a wealth of knowledge. I received this 99K over 5 years ago and quickly put it off to the side thinking I had been given junk. I saw what I thought was a missing/broken tension dial with extremely poor stitching quality (the old naive me) . I was lucky enough to get a featherweight 221 a few years ago that I use as a backup to my Pfaff Performance (which I LOVE - I've always been a Pfaff person). Having a featherweight has been a terrific learning experience for me. I've watched endless numbers of videos on YouTube and various sites. Once I got my featherweight in a good running state, I decided to tackle the 99K. I've learned that the tension dial is exactly as it should be and that my issue was really with the tension screw on the bobbin case itself. I am ecstatic to let everyone know that last night I had the 99K making an almost perfect stitch by adjusting and manipulating the tension screw on the bobbin case. I also realized what a powerful machine I have in that 99K! In haste over the weekend, I bought a tension dial for the 66/99 singer - which I can now keep as a spare (if anyone needs a tension dial - let me know). Thanks to all in this forum - your input and comments have been a great help!
I need a tension dial for a 99k Singer made in 1956 and would be willing to buy yours if I can find out from someone on here if yours would work. Thanks.
can you please attach a picture of the one you have? Or tell me where to order one from, please? Thanks

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-24-2021 at 05:27 PM.