View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 06:17 AM
tlrnhi

Mine is a "tinkerer" too. He just does it on multi-million dollar submarines. lol
Let's just say....that's about all the tinkering I allow him to do.

We needed a screen door on our house (we rent).
I told the landlords WE would pay for a nice one and wouldn't want repayment. They refused. So, I thought about making a screen inset, since we can't mount anything to the door frame. Hubby said he'd build it Yea right! NOT!!
So, off to Home Depot I go. I get the 1x3s, screen, little metal do-da things to hold the wood frame together (didn't want to nail it or wood would split) and some wood screws. I get home and hubby says we had wood screws. Sure we did. 4" ones! He said they'd be fine. UGH!!
So, after I finished my coffee, e-mail and whatnot this morning (or yesterday, whichever you prefer) I get out in my carport and put this thing together. I forgot one thing. I can staple gun the screen in, but it will tear if I don't have some sort of binding over top of it. Do I have any screen binding? Nope, but I do have some leftover quilt binding! Let me tell you. Not only did I do a GREAT job on the screen insert, but it's pretty too with the purple binding around it. lol
GIRL POWER RULES!!!