View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 07:20 PM
OurWorkbench

Modern bobbins are available as are the slide plates. Replacement slide plates have a different finish, but could possibly get both front and back so they match ??

You wouldn't believe what I have gotten in a 1986 VW Golf hatchback, which I unfortunately don't have any more. You definitely want to take the sewing machine out of the cabinet like WIChix said. I used to carry straps and bungee cords to strap things together. If you run a strap around the top so the lid doesn't flop, you can probably turn the base upside down in the back seat and maybe use the safety belts. That is what I did with my sister's machine, but it was in a SUV and traveling about 1600 miles.

If someone hasn't gotten the measurements, I'll go measure mine. Actually, the measurements may be found in some ebay or facebook ads and also some are given at https://www.cottagecraftworks.com/am...achine-cabinet which should be close.

Oh, I forgot. I'm wondering about the 27 being a 127 as the bobbin winder is up by the handwheel rather than down the pillar so it can be used with the treadle belt. The singer.com manual for the 27-28 shows the high bobbin winder.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 05-31-2021 at 07:23 PM. Reason: forgot something.