Old 03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
amazon

Haven't posted in a while, but , I've been keeping up behind the scene when i get a chance. Have been a busy beaver since christmas, working on my DD's b'day quilt, a baby quilt , and helping my MIL with two of her quilt tops, and last but not least a corduroy quilt.Whew, now back to the subject, I picked these up at my local thrift/compassion store, I paid $15 for the Household brand. The R.R. Co. Inc. rebuilt singer she gave me, and the wallhanging patterns a quarter each, The 1940 travel iron at anther thrift store for $3.The Household machine was fixed for $35,sews a beautiful stitch and the feed dogs drop and came wtih the magnetic seam guide( I love it as much as the machine).Repairman said the older machine would cost too much to fix( maybe later) so I might use it for decoration or a doorstop. I used the Household to machine quilt DD's b'day quilt, it sews like a dream.On the corduroy quilt, I had priced it at Hobby and Hancock , its was $10-12 a yard, too steep for my blood, then it hit me, use all of those mens corduroy pant suits i had seen at the thrift store, she had a New Year's 75% off sale, some I got for 65 cents. When I get the top pieced I'll post pics.I just love thrft stores and yard sales. That time of year is just around the corner. Thanks for letting me share!Sorry I prattled on so long!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-30377.jpe   attachment-30423.jpe   attachment-30424.jpe   attachment-30425.jpe   attachment-30460.jpe  

attachment-30510.jpe