View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 07:11 PM
toogie

Default I have to explain this one

Here are the other two memory journals I needed to make. As I said in an earlier post these and the quilt was made from my brother-in-laws western shirts. Although I didn't like working with these fabrics (poly/cotton) they mean a lot to them. The quilt I made with his cotton western shirts. Anyway, I wanted to explain. Jennifer's writing gave me the devil. I had to reduce my words and it made the font and writing look like it was 'written' with a fine point pen while Jeneane and Mandy's look like a marker-lol But that is still not what I wanted to explain. While cutting up the shirts, I think she bought over 30, I found a movie ticket stub in one of the pockets. So I held onto it planning on giving it to Jennifer when she picked up her quilt. However, as I was making her journal of her Life with Douglas, I decided to put it on the back inside cover of the journal. I covered it with a clear vinyl and stitched around the outer edge of the ticket. I also added one of his shirt labels with the size he wore. I thought that would be a nice surprise for Jenny, what do you think? Also, all the journals were stitched with a yellow rose as that was Douglas's favorite flower. Quilting that black one of Mandy's was murder, but even those these were not 100 % cotton they did quilt better for some reason. The journals were made and quilted on the regular sewing machine, but the design of course is machine embroidery.
Attached Thumbnails jennifer-front-cover-resized.jpg   jennifer-inside-resized.jpg   jennifer-inside-back-cover-resized.jpg   jennifer-back-coverresized.jpg   jeneane-front-coverresized.jpg