View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 03:27 AM
Iceblossom

I like Brothers, both at the bottom and middle and I haven't had that much experience on the high end, but I have friends who love their Embroidery machines.

My first Brother was a Costco "quilters" special and I ran it hard as a portable machine for years when I was doing a lot of classes and traveling to friends houses and such. Wore the little thing out, but it was used as a trade in for someone who was getting an embroidery machine.

My current Brother is pretty much a bottom of the line machine, probably sold for about $100 total when new, I bought it in the box at the goodwill for $20 and then had to spend another $20 for a bobbin winder to actually use it. When both my old vintage machine went out (foot pedal fell and the 60 year old bakelite or whatever inside shattered) and my modern Bernina needed a new thread sensor but shops were closed due to covid, out came the Brother and it sewed many a mask and other project.

I think Brother works very hard for usability, I find their diagrams and such to be understandable and the machines easy to thread and maintain. It's pretty hard at this point to thread them incorrectly although things do happen.

I was very pleased with how easily I could go out and buy a 1/4" quilters foot for the Brother. It is very accurate and was just on the notion wall at Walmart? Joann?? didn't even have to order it.