View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 03:06 AM
copycat

Default Will marks come out if marking designs on Starched fabric?

Originally Posted by Sephie View Post
I use Crayola Ultra-Clean Washable Fine Line Markers every time I mark on my quilts and every color has always washed out for me. I mark after basting and have never had a problem. We also use these on my kids' white shirts every year for making 100 Days of School shirts and every color has washed out of their white shirts. I always machine wash my quilts first on warm/hot with detergent (All Free and Clear) and they always wash out and never return, so mark with abandon!

I use Aurifil 50wt cotton for piecing but I'm not diehard this is the only thread I use. I pretty much use anything because my machine is happy with any thread - even serger thread (like the $1 cones) which I know some say never to use. I've never had a problem with it and I can't even break it when I try to snap it with my hands so I've never had a problem with it snapping after quilting, shredding fabric, cutting fabric, or anything. I'm a vote for use what you have and use what you want It's your quilt!

If I'm marking on dark fabric, a soap sliver has worked well for me and has always washed out without issue. I have a Pounce but I don't love it as it's messy but I also have stencils that require a Pounce so there's that. Love the Crayola markers.

Link so you know which ones that you can get at any big box store that sells crayons or markers: Crayola Ultra Clean Markers
Will the Crayola Ultra Clean Markers come out as well if used to mark quilting designs on starched fabric?