Old 06-13-2021, 10:13 AM
mac

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
I've made two quilts with machine edge ( blanket stitch ) applique and I love them. have many more patterns for others that are appliques in parts, but never seem to get around to making another one. I've never tried needle turn applique as I fear it would take me until doomsday to finish it.
You would be surprised how fast it goes when you start. Of course it depends what type you are doing. Appliques like Baltimore quilts, with all the small pieces would take a lot of time. But simple appliques will go by fast, especially if you can do it when you watch TV. If you only did it while you are waiting for commercials to end, you can get a lot of mileage done. I can't believe how many commercials they cram into tv programs these days.

I also enjoy doing applique outside in the shade. It is lovely to hear the birds, see flowers, and just be in nature doing handwork.

I would suggest you start with an easy applique that you could put in one block. That way you will get a taste for it. If it doesn't float your boat, then at least you tried. You can always put that block into a wall-hanging and give it as a small hostess gift.