Old 06-14-2021, 09:08 AM
Janice McC

I love your block for Ahwu. I've never worked with diamond shapes more than once or twice years ago. Do you paper piece it?
Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I just finished a block for AHWU. I hope you like it!
You are the queen or Applique around here, mjp! Some years ago a few of us set out to have a Boom retreat at a member's home. Unfortunately, it was right after my sister died and I wasn't in good shape and also had another conflict. Happily, a few people did get together and had a nice time I believe. Love your elf block!
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
...wouldn’t it be fun to have a boom quilt retreat where we all teach our favorite method? ...The next two blocks are repeats of ones I’ve done before...
Good to hear from you, Ibex. I'm happy yoy like the blocks being made for you. Try to find some time to yourself, too!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Love all the blocks but so much is going on in your lives since I was last here. ...
Kristijoy, beautiful rig you have there! I hope your shake down trip is a huge success!
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Wonder how many miles I've walked back-n-forth up the driveway to our RV to get ready for our trip?...
JAyneW, your trip with your BF must have been fabulous when you realized he was going to love it as you do. So glad all turned out well despite it not being the perfect boat for you. Wonderful adventure!
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Good morning Zinnias,

Home from our sail trip, it was great! We could have used a little more wind (can't believe a Wyoming girl wants wind) and a newer boat, but it was so amazing to be out and about again! My bf loved it also, so maybe my dream of living on a sailboat is back to being more of a reality!

Beautiful - and super fancy- blocks everyone! I'm looking forward to getting started on mine this week - finally! Thank you all for being such beautiful people, I could not wait to get home and see what you all were up to! Friendship is a glorious thing.
Ahwu, you've made some lovely blocks! I'm happy you like the ones being made for you.
Originally Posted by ahwu View Post
Juliasb, my thoughts are with you and your mom.Kristijoy, thank you for my block. It's lovely.Marcialee, beautiful blocks.
I just finished a few more blocks.
Terriamn, I'm beginning to feel the bittersweetness you talk of and we haven't even decided 100 percent we're going to put the house on the market. We're getting a bit wishy-washy about it. I saw your listing. You won't have a shred of difficulty selling. It's a fabulous. warm home. Good luck!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
...Our house went on the market yesterday afternoon. A very bittersweet time
We had a terrific time with our son and his DGF. We finally had the opportunity both to see their new house and to meet her parents, well heck, practically her entire family really. Very nice people! And her father has a couple of large areas of native plants as well as a pond that the butterflies and birds love. He raises Monarchs and he released his latest ones when we were right there. What a lovely sight to see them fly off and start their lives as butterflies. The rest of the time we did a little hiking, went to a petting zoo (we were hardly the only adults), ate some delicious food and watched some movies among other things. We squeezed a lot into three days. But 1700 miles of driving round trip was a bit much for me. Don't know if we'll do that again. Flying is the way to go.

It's good to be home and be back with the pets. We really missed them!