View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 06:15 AM
Rebaquilts

Originally Posted by Mona G
Reba -

What a fabulous border. I love how you made my border "extend" into yours.

I also like rectangle quilts, I think we can have a few options for the center and options for size of borders.
Thanks Mona, I really loved your log cabin blocks and when laid out, I thought courthouse steps to make a secondary pattern of hearts, because that is how I feel about all of you. I'm so grateful and thankful to be in this group. My work assistant and I looked at it all laid out from a distance and agreed that it needed some more yellow to tie into the yellow in the center, think sunflowers, and the corners were planned out to add the applique and complete the border. I initially planned out to mimic the inner border with the black stripe and burgundy, using the black chicken wire fabric, and make corner blocks of the maple leaf pattern from the barn, but I went to like 6 stores and couldn't find more chicken wire fabric anywhere.. Necessity made it be a plain burgundy on the outside strips rather than the black stripe pattern, as the background for the flowers and I ditched the idea of the maple leaf pattern blocks in the corners and used the sunflower applique idea instead.. Sometimes the lack of a fabric leads to a different design choice. From a distance, I think this turned out better anyway. Hugs all!!