View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 01:28 PM
Cogito

Default Singer 99 Rewire-bypass knee controller

I have not been on here in ages and it warms my heart to "see some old faces" Not that anyone is OLD here, lol! So I have a Singer 99 ca 1934 that actually came with a knee bar, woo hoo! However, the controller inside the bentwood case has some missing items and is not even wired to the motor. I will say here that I am not super savvy on rewiring and so this setup has me a tad confused. Because it has the knee bar and a foot pedal, it makes sense that it is a 3 wire setup coming from the plug. When this is plugged in the light works, motor works as should, and pedal works, and of course the knee bar does not. If I use a two wire plug set up then the motor runs continuously. I know intuitively that it has to do with which wires are connected to each connector. What I don't know is how do I fix this? The friend I am fixing this up for wants a new electronic foot pedal, not the old metal one that came with it (I suspect not original). So, I will need to figure this out and know which wires stay and which one does not. Will I have to remove it from the motor? Any tips and direction most appreciated!
Mary