Old 03-05-2010, 11:08 AM
amma
Power Poster

I also try to keep a stack of blocks next to my machine that are for an on going project. I use these instead of starter scraps. This way, I am sewing on two projects at once :wink: and I just cut them off and press them with my other blocks and put them in stack.
It is amazing how many of these you can sew while working on another project :D:D:D This is what you see in the first picture, I am done chain piecing this set of blocks, and I am ready to sew on to this "block as you go" as I call them. I will cut off the chained blocks behind it, and leave that little block there in my presser foot, ready to use on my next set of chained pieced blocks.

The last picture shows that I have taken my chains to my ironing board. One set I used a starter scrap to begin with, the other I used a "block as you go" to start with. I will cut them apart and then press them. I will take the starter scrap back to my machine, and the pressed block as you go to the stack with the others.

Sometimes I might even sew 4-6 of these blocks as you go in a row.... I don't always like to just sit and sew a bunch of these at a time, so this way I get through them faster and it is way less monotonous :D:D:D These blocks can be any size, shape, etc... Just cut a bunch out, leave them stacked by your machine, and have fun being twice as productive :D:D:D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-30429.jpe   attachment-30430.jpe