View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 01:10 PM
starryblu

Default NC Grammie here again? I think?

I think I might have joined before, but haven't been around so much. I've always loved quilting, but am definitely not experienced! I've been involved in knitting and other needlework until arthritis in my hands stepped in and put a stop to that.

Luckily, I've found that hand piecing has become the perfect hobby for me! I'm very excited about that, and I've come to see if I can collect some tips. I've made four (woohoo, FOUR) very simple quilts. (ok, one wasn't simple, I took a class where we made a sampler quilt, and it turned out beautiful.) Right now, I thought I would just start working on some, and stash them away for a day when I could decide what I wanted to do with them. I have five grandchildren, so surely someone will want one.

So my details...I am the mom of three grown sons. One lives here in NC, one in Iowa, one buried in Iowa. I call myself a transplanted Iowan. I love it there. I'm 62, married, just did the bucket list thing and drove all over most of the US, bravely during COVID (I'm kinda proud of that.) Anyway, as I said, I have five grandchildren, 1 boy and 4 girls. Mostly I hang out at home. No work. I love to read, and I'm thrilled that I've been working on my quilt. I love it and I'd love anyone's advice.