Old 06-20-2021, 03:25 PM
Blueridgebeverly

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly View Post
I started over with an old email I don’t use much. And I did get an email. I needed to download Dropbox to open it and was able to print the instructions. ( I wonder if I accidentally deleted the first email?)

As expected with templates, they aren’t precisely a measurement. I haven’t tried to make it yet. But here are some measurements from the instructions.

For the center the template says cut the pieces 6.5” square for 12” block and 3.5” square for 6” block.
Next I plan to cut B triangles from 5 1/8” squares. This piece should trim to 9” (12” block) and 5 3/4” (6” block).
Next I will cut A triangles from 6 7/8” squares. This piece should trim to 12.5” and 6 1/2”.

I’ve started making the block. I’ll let you know how it goes.
So....I confess to a disagreeable relationship with Square in a square blocks. I consistently I’m off when I use triangles. I get better results sewing on a square like a snowball corner.

I experimented and eventually used 4 7/8” squares to make the 9” center square in square. It came out very close to 9”.

I’ll experiment tomorrow with squares to see what size will get me 12” for the outer SIS.