Old 06-22-2021, 07:57 AM
Iceblossom

This whole mystery/quilt along concept is interesting to me and actually getting more enjoyable the more I do it. I am able to let down my inner OCD quilter and let someone else take the design reins. And then if I don't like something, well I wasn't the one who designed it or/bad stuff happens in scrap and mystery quilting both. But I already know I'm at a point in my life when I can go ahead with a project that maybe I won't like.

I already know that Bonnie has a style and I have a style, and while Bonnie's might not be my style -- people love the tops. And again, I'm not really making them for me other than having something to do.

There are times when I am annoyed by the mystery elements. I have a thing about efficiency and doing things in a certain way and touching things the minimum of times. But, my organizational skills have improved by this projects! I find her directions and discussions and pictures interesting even if I don't necessarily do them her way.

Now -- if I had to buy fabric? Oh yeah, this would not be for me! Back when I was a single mom? No way would I have the time, not only to do along with the timing but just in order to make the things I wanted to make. I'm still not being very productive this year, but it looks like I'll have this current project finished just in time to start Bonnie's... and I've been trying to think of something to do with these bits of solids...