View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 02:08 PM
osewme

Default Cal. King Summer Quilt

As some of you know, I've been working on a Cal. King quilt for our bed for years now. I started it years ago & worked on & off with it forever! DD & I picked out fat quarters that we liked along with some of my stash & here is the final results. I put way too much time in planning this quilt & deciding on just how I would finish it. It was hard to make a final decision on how to complete it as I knew I could not wrestle with it under my small throated domestic machine & did not have funds to send it out to a long arm quilter. First I thought about QAYG but decided against that. I finally decided on making it a summer quilt with no batting in the center. So, I presented the question to the forum here on & off through the years & got lots of good advice. I was going to put it together using the pillow case technique by sewing the front & back together (right sides together) & then turning it inside out, then quilting it & calling it done. Then I decided to layer it wrong sides together & quilt it & then put a binding on it just as I would when I make a regular quilt. I quilted around each block with stitch in the ditch. I love, love, love the results! I'm so happy, pleased & proud of how it turned out. It's so pretty on our bed & so comfortable to sleep under.
Attached Thumbnails cal.-king-summer-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by osewme; 06-22-2021 at 02:11 PM.