View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
cminor

I am a very new quilter, and don't have much of a stash, but I did get quite a few scraps from my daughters high school sewing class last year. All different sized, all different types and of course all different colors.

I was looking around on the blogs today and came across one that had just a great picture of how this quilter keeps her scraps. She cuts them all into squares of different sizes and keeps them very nicly in containers. OK, I can do that! And it would be good for the "crazy" my husband and I talk about me having. Then maybe they won't seem so overwhelming. Now the hard part . .

How do I decided what size to cut them? I am thinking 6x6, 5x5 and so on. But is that too many different sizes? Then I go back and forth on what if I want something a different size. . . now, I know myself well enough that if I really wanted fabric, I would just go buy some for the project I am working on. My thought here is to make my scraps look a little more appealing to me and maybe I will use them . . what do you think?