View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 03:35 PM
jaderose.midnightdreams

Default I forgot to introduce myself

Hello I am from Orcas Island, Washington. I was lucky enough to be invited to a local sewing circle before the pandemic started. I was crocheting at the time and still continuing to complete a blanket that I am trying to make for my son. He has been watching it slowly grow with each row added and loves to lay on it and play when I have a moment to work on it. The other ladies there were happy to see me there, and one asked me if I was interested to see if I wanted to try to sew. I explained my situation and that yes the there would be so many things that I wish to do but trying to do them via hand sewing has made it more difficult to complete some things. The following time I was invited to go again (and sadly the last time I had a chance) I am as given my Singer 301, she explained that she received it years ago as a gift, and since she had another it was time for it to have a new home and she didn’t know who to give to until we met. I was very shocked and grateful and couldn’t stop thanking her, and when I was home I tried to do as much research online and amazed at the moment realizing what I have. I have been going through the manual and she also did research as well and left a sticky note with the same conclusion that I had. I am grateful for the chance to get this and I am happy to have come across your forum and what a community of individuals that are positive with their opinions and I appreciate this opportunity to continue to grow more adept at this machine and chance to interact with fellow enthusiasts who embrace their skills.