View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 11:01 PM
Railroadersbrat

Well, I seemed to have bounced back from this migraine pretty strong. It's a quarter of one in the morning, finishing up cleaning my kitchen so I can get my fiberglass boards out and line out everything on my island, then I'll be off to the races later. Fiancé will be leaving later this morning, I've got him doing some small projects for me before he leaves that'll make my weekend nice and smooth, lol.

So for my nephew's quilt, I have about a dozen more blocks to put the corners on, then trim them down because my quarter inch seam hasn't been that consistent with this quilt (I am getting better, it's taking some time, though), then lay them out and stitch them up. I'm hoping that won't take more than a day to do. It'll make his quilt a little smaller than expected, but I texted him pics of the blocks this week and he adores it and can't wait to get it, so I'm happy. Depending on how things go, I might just make up some of what I lost in the borders.

Then it'll be onto my big sister's quilt. I'm doing the Flower Chain quilt from MSQC, but I'm doing it in fall colors with muslin background and black accent fabric. I'm super excited about hers, it took me forever to figure out what I wanted to do and her pattern changed 87 times it seems like before I finally settled on the Flower Chain.

Also have more fabric coming in today for two more quilts, one for my sister-in-law and finally one for us. So lots happening here this weekend - I'll have pics the next time I post, my sewing table is a little bit disorganized, lol.