Old 07-02-2021, 03:38 PM
stcpawz

Smile My first post!

Hello Zinnias!

My name is Sara, and I'm a newcomer to this boom (actually any boom!). My friend and mentor, Mary Jo, introduced quilting to me when I asked her about making a t-shirt quilt for my oldest daughter. She offered to teach me how to do it! So that was my first project, and introduction to quilting!

I'd like to offer my apologies for my slow start participating in this boom, as I've been dealing with a very unexpected health problem since mid May. It has finally been diagnosed as vestibular neuritis, an inflammation of a nerve which caused me to have balance/dizzy issues. I had side effects from being on prednisone, but prednisone did help with the inflammation. My neurologist thinks there is some nerve damage; I will be starting vestibular PT hopefully soon and will get my old life back!

Back to quilting: Thank you for the beautiful and creative blocks you've made! So many talented quilters, I am in awe! I finally completed 3 blocks, one of which my Mary Jo has posted. I made 2 more and hope to complete some more before the end of the month (doing a home remodel project also....but keeping my sewing machine accessible. Sorry mine are so simple! Hmm, will now try to figure out how to post them...

Thanks again ladies and have a happy 4th of July!

-Sara