View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 05:10 AM
rryder

Wesing- best wishes with the move!

yesterday I spent some time getting my current projects organized so I could work on them all without having them stacked in piles on top of each other.
First, The two projects that need more design work went to my studio that has the big assembly table and a drafting table so they can each have their very own flat surface for working on the quilting designs I want to use. I also moved my portable light box into that room since one of the projects will require tracing a design onto my fabric.

Then I arranged all my 2.5” squares that I am using for the 16 patch blocks in Debbie Brown’s July quilt and finished cutting the 7” squares that will be added to the 16 patches. I moved all these over to my piecing area so they are set up and ready to be chain pieced. I also gathered the sashing fabric and border fabrics and set them nearby.

I’d fallen behind on getting quilts posted in the pics section here, so I added some pics. Then, while straightening up the guest bed so Bubba could actually spend some time there, I discovered an old quilt that needed to have a project page created for it. I did that and found a storage bag to put it in so it could go into the walk in closet where I store finished quilts.

After that I did a little quilting on my Debbie Brown June quilt, but decided I didn’t like the thread color or the design I’d chosen, so I ripped it all out and pulled a different thread color. After quilting a trial motif in a completely different design and the new color, I decided I liked it. But by then, I was exhausted so went downstairs for dinner and an evening spent vegging in front of the tube.

Today is a new day and I am looking forward to being able to walk into my straightened up studio spaces and work on my organized projects without having to move a bunch of stuff around. Yay!!!

Rob