View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 01:30 PM
Iceblossom

Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
apologies, Iceblossom for the hijack.
No hijack! I'm looking to collect various techniques and hints. I have used Paper PIecing, especially for those sharp V type angles/blocks, but to be honest I hadn't even thought about it being an accuracy tool for general quilting -- I think about it for tiny horrible awful intricate blocks only...

The trimming rulers and the other ways to make things are also good. I use templates and trimming down, I get confused with the multi-use trimming rulers and so I just keep sheets of the gridded acrylic template plastic around anyway. Another thing I'll do is put a piece of the 1/4" quilting tape (in my quilting toolbox) to mark lines/trims on my rulers. Helps me keep consistent, otherwise I have to keep counting and sooner or later something gets mis-cut.

Edit/PS: Every year my Tuesday quilt hostess tells me the same thing (because it's true) about the Bonnie Hunter mystery -- but you don't like thousands of little triangles. I'm planning on year 3 in a row this year!

Same person is also a fan of the folded paper piecing technique. She loaned me a book and I have a baby quilt of Paper Pieced Pandas on the to-do list.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 07-04-2021 at 01:33 PM.