View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 02:38 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I don’t think I will ever be able to buy fabric again! Year after year I participate in this moratorium using up what I have, finally seeing progress- room on my shelves- start thinking ( hey maybe next year I will be able to enjoy visiting shops again- pick up some new fabric….)

last night my husband’s best friend called him- suddenly he is saying here I will just hand the phone to Colleen….ok, Jess has never asked to talk to me before- must need something fixed….
his neighbor just lost his wife- he has Boxes and boxes of quilting fabric ( evidently she used to work at a shop downstate) there are a couple quilts that need finished- bindings; Neighbor just wants someone to take all this fabric and finish the quilts for him— Jesse told him he knew just the person- and called me. I said no problem finishing the quilts— how much fabric though - I don’t want to need a U-haul, I said jokingly __ Jess says- oh don’t worry- I have a brand new truck- I’ll get it all to you!

have no idea what and how much ( he just said boxes and boxes) but I’m already feeling overwhelmed and thinking- so much for making headway.
I am grateful and appreciate him thinking of me and telling this man about all the awards I’ve won- and, when it comes down to it I cannot afford to shop for fabric anyway, but I’m just picturing boxes and boxes cluttering my space , when I was finally getting it a little bit uncluttered.
im sure it’s all going to be fine.
between a kind of crazy work schedule, the stack of 14 quilt tops Ben made still waiting for me to quilt and the 5 or 6 of mine…
I know…just breathe it’s going to be ok, and kind of exciting to see ( new to me) fabrics.
guess I will be participating for a few more years.

Last edited by ckcowl; 07-08-2021 at 02:40 PM.