Old 07-11-2021, 08:52 AM
Heathermom2opmc

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Well, yes, I have! I made a black and white quilt and had left over 4-patches. I figured it would be pretty easy to make a few more and use them as borders with jelly roll strips in-between. Think they were 3.5 or 4" finished, can always pull it out and measure.

While the change in width really didn't make any difference, keeping the black/white grid of those 4-patches made it significantly harder than it needed to be... I think with multi-colors it would have been fun and fast and slap dash instead of the thought process it had to be.

So the pictures are "Black and White and Red all Over" and the original, "Not Everything is Black and White"

Edit: here's a detail of the corner.
Those are beautiful. So you made the 4 patch with leftovers from the race quilt, then decided to use them for the borders? I was trying to follow which quilt came first. Either way they are beautiful thank you. I get shy when it comes to really outrageous fabrics--and boy I was given some (large Halloween / masquerade print that has a 6 inch half naked lady with skulls and roses) anyway. I have so many 20 inch long pieces that I was thinking if I cut them at a wider width, 1/2 wof or about 20 inches, it would resemble the scrappier versions of the jelly roll race quilts that I have seen. Also I could put an accent block like you did with the red with the shorter pieces of fabric, then it would all look intentional. Guess no rules right!!