View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 05:09 AM
OurWorkbench

Default July 2021 Colorado (In Person) Sewing Machine Get Together - Part 5

Leon

Leon, who is from Kansas, sent us some pictures from one of his recent trips, with the following note:

I won't be able to make it to Perkins, but I have stories and pics for you. Iris, my sis and I got to take our handcranks to a folklife festival again.

We had a good time sharing them and it was the debut for a knock down plywood table that my son built for me.

It was also the first time the cutaway 99 was shared. It wasn't quite happy so it didn't sew, but folks enjoyed seeing it's innards anyway. A vendor who was there remembered us from two years ago and brought a Singer 15 with him. "Was it worth messing with?" I looked it over an assured him it was. Later things got a bit slow so I went to his tent and borrowed it for a few hours. Changed the needle, oiled it like crazy and had it stitching when I handed it back to him.

That was on a Saturday. That evening we got word that my grandchild was about to be born. He was born on the 13th. His name is Atlas. Hehe. I already have a VSM that goes by that name.

leon-karl-made-vsm-table.jpg

leon-atlas-leons-arms.jpg

In a followup email note Leon said:

Iris is in pink. My sis has the straw hat.

leon-vsm-cwf-lupe-hubby-cut-way.jpg

leon-vsm-cwf-i-r-2-kids-99s.jpg

leon-vsm-cwf-karl-table-action-rita.jpg

... to be continued