View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 08:12 AM
Watson

Default Another Purse Decovil Light Interfacing

I made another purse!
This time I used Decovil Light interfacing, which feels a little like leather and gives a greater body to the bag while still being able to turn it. I quite like it, but next time I'll keep it out of the seam allowances. Discovered that trick after I started. (My machine as unhappy!)

Anyhow...I used quilting cotton, cork and vinyl for this one. Did a removeable shoulder strap, cork slip pocket for my phone on outside, zipper pockets on front and back as well as one inside and an 8 pocket card slot holder inside. I would have done one more zipper pocket inside but ran out of black zippers.

Learned something about working with vinyl...if you run a line of stitching just an 1/8th of an inch into the seam allowance your stitches won't show, which sometimes happens with vinyl and pleather/leather as there is a lot of stress on the stitches with these fabrics. I ordered a beautiful piece of purple pleather just waiting for a good pattern, so that's a good piece of info.

I'm having fun working on this new hobby while waiting for inspiration for a quilt!

Watson

Attached Thumbnails blackpurse.jpg   blackpurseinterior.jpg   blackpurseback.jpg