View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 06:59 PM
IrishMom

hav4boys - my package to you went out in the mail yesterday.

It's been busy, busy here! I'm working on a signature quilt for a wedding this weekend. I made the signature blocks and most were able to sign at the bridal shower. After collecting a few more at the wedding, I'll be ready to put it together for the new bride. My biggest "problem" was having fabric in my stash that I really liked and finding other fabric to coordinate. It's batiks and white fabric - super colorful and fresh. I snowballed the white center so people would be "forced" to stay in the lines. I used freezer paper for the first time to stabilize the fabric for signing and loved the results! I'll show it to you ladies when the top is done.

And my oldest daughter will be coming in for the wedding and we get her tomorrow on the way to the wedding. And did I mention that the couple asked me to make a small three tier wedding cake for pictures and the head table? (they will have a cookie bar for the rest of the guests). I have done two practice cakes in the past week and have the real one ready to go. The challenge, or twist, is the wedding is five hours away so packing my supplies and stuff was fun. The cakes were baked today and the frosting will occur at the hotel and the wedding site. But, I think it will all work out well and I was very honored that they asked me to do this for them.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer -- it feels super busy after the past year of doing nothing!