View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 02:52 PM
Iceblossom

While I am sitting down, mostly I see the top of my hydrangea bush. It got a bit burned in the heat this year but next year it should be glorious. Still, I can see the blue flower heads and green leaves and it all looks good from my side of the window.

My neighborhood is in a period of growth and change. We were undiscovered for so long, but now that the Seahawk facility is just down the hill, prices have gone up!

Across the street from me, the land rises a bit and they are rebuilding an existing house into a super-sized house! They took most of the old house down pretty carefully (basically just leaving the garage), the roof trusses were made from old growth beams and saved. A larger foundation was poured and it has probably gone from about 2k sf to 5-6.5 sf. This house below/left to it was rebuilt in a similar manner for a nursing home. In our area I believe you can have under 10 patients and be in a residential rated neighborhood. Don't know if that is what it will be but certainly enough for that, or a multi-generational or other wise large family.

There is another large lot to the right of that house. Then the next lot over had a 2-story house -- that one was bulldozed down in a single work day, with nothing but a flat straw covered lot at the end of the day. Three nicer house will be built there, that's actually better for me than the 5 or so zero lot houses they could put in.