View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 04:33 AM
Iceblossom

I think the home printing idea is a reasonable cost alternative, but if you do go to something like Spoonflower, you might might want to try a specialty provider like
https://www.antiquefabric.com/

For a number of years I collected vintage fabric from the thrift stores and estate sales meaning to sell it on ebay to not the general quilting community but to the conservationist/restoration/recreation market. I can tell you, I can't find it now like I could 20 years ago. After all, they aren't making it any more. It's hard to find, but apple blossom prints like your pink are pretty common. I've had that same one or something very similar in my collection. I'd guess somewhere later than 1940 for it, could be up to 60s.

I ended up with a thousand or so yards and I never sold them on ebay -- but I sold them at a "wholesale" prices to a lady who indeed had a business and a booth at quilt shows selling vintage fabrics. Maybe you can ask at your LQS if there is someone similar in your area.

Just as a side note, periodically we get people on site looking for feedsacks and such. While some are genuine, I'm pretty sure at least half of those offers are buyers trying to take advantage of people who might not know the value of what they have. Keep in mind that true feedsacks from the 20-30s are almost 100 years old now! Even the 50s started 70 years ago. Sure, there are still stacks here and there, but after the popularity explosion starting in the 70s there is historical value alone in some.

I think this is a 60s/70s probably sheet of daisies might work for you, the scale is rather large (that's a quarter in the white space). If you are interested, send me a private message, I'd just be looking for postage. It's attached to a rather... interesting... avocado green/gold silky fabric top, measures about 4-5 square and that will go along with it!
Attached Thumbnails 100_6131.jpg