View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 01:02 PM
Iceblossom

It isn't actually asymmetrical, it's just my queen sized bed is my largest layout space, so you are basically seeing 1/4 of a queen sized quilt (plus the block wide background/sashing that puts the four quarters together). The difficulties of quilting in a small space. I seriously have no wall big enough, except one in the hallway that has horrible lighting and too narrow a space for any perspective. I don't have much space in front of my bed to take a picture either -- I pull out a little step ladder and climb up and still can't get the last foot or so.

I'm pretty happy with the layout and rearrangements I did. I did indeed decide to radiate out and recut the extra fabric -- don't know what else I'm ever going to do with it after this anyway -- I think the rest will be the binding. I moved the less directional sugar skull stars into the diagonal middle, makes them less in your sugar face... the center/sashing rows end on the license plates. The directional team fabrics were pretty much fussy cut down to the nubbins. I felt pretty confident in my ability to pick blue and yellow fabrics -- my husband wasn't so sure it would be understood to be UM without writing it in neon. I was so happy to have him participate in this project I went ahead with the team directional fabrics despite my reluctance.

Tuesday is my quilting group day and I have all the blocks laid out and numbered and will start pinning them together. The top as a whole will make more sense shortly.