Old 07-21-2021, 05:55 AM
mopec

Originally Posted by linda8450 View Post
A while ago I purchased the DIME Magna Hoop. I was very disappointed, as it wasn't as strong as it would need to be to hold a quilt. I have a Viking Diamond, so I purchased four of their magnets. Still not thrilled, as 4 was not enough. Got 4 more and that was great! But every time I wanted to move the quilt to a different area, I had to deal with EIGHT magnets!! Not long ago I attended a DIME demo, and they had drastically improved the Magna, and now it is the Monster Hoop. I was over the moon! STRONG magnetic ring the same size as the metal hoop! I ordered it and it is WONDERFUL! They have a hoop for almost every machine (ordered custom for your machine) so they fit your clamp, etc. I use it all the time, moves easily when you want it to, but doesn't move when it is slightly bumped like the original did. Several sizes available and comes with a plastic "board" to store between the magnet and the ring (trust me, you don't want to let them touch, you won't be able to separate them!) I just ordered the top magnet, since I already had the ring. I can eve do applique and not disturb the hoop position while trimming. I have completely removed the hoop to fix a bobbin issue and replaced it with NO issues! I love the Monster!
I'm glad to hear this as I am waiting on the Monster Hoop from DIME. I have the Epic 1 and have Husqvarna's magnetic hoops which work great but I needed a larger magnetic hoop. My friend got the DIME for her Epic 2 and did a king sized quilt with it and said it did great. She did custom on it. It was a lot of work but it was beautiful when she was done. The magnets from Husqvarna are very strong. Our machines are not affected by magnets.