Old 07-23-2021, 05:21 AM
tranum

Many big campgrounds in the warm states have quilting rooms for their winter guests so I anticipated joining, but found out all tables were taken so I didn’t get one. I was encouraged to put my name in for a table next year. The group was very nice so I visited often when I was out walking but we didn’t plan to return permanently without checking other campgrounds.

My husband likes to move around so we then moved to a different town for 2 months. I checked into their quilt group & one lady gave me a chilly reception. She told me I could sew in the library. (by myself ?) Their quilt room was smaller and she had a personal plastic storage unit (locked) in the room to store her supplies. It took up space for 2 more sewing tables. It’s the upright garden storage shed people have for rakes & shovels. She cleaned the laundry room so I suspect campground owners didn’t want to make her mad & let it go. Beyond a wall was the “Puzzle Room” and there was talk about moving puzzles to the Library and expanding the Quilt Room because they could see the need.