View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 09:44 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

yesterday afternoon, a little after 1 pm I thought about getting something done in the sewing room
I need to make some log cabin blocks for a group project so I started looking for the appropriate fabrics then decided to use my Accuquilt Go to cut my strips- so, first I had to clean off the cabinet it lives on so I had room to use it- it was really nice to have that cabinet all cleaned off- everything put away- it’s a 6 foot long metal and glass display cabinet which I use as a giant light box sometimes since it has lights in it ( when it’s not being used as the sewing room catch all) then as I was looking for the fabrics I need for the blocks( scrappy reds, whites and blues) I was having trouble finding reds….thinking “ I know I have lots of different reds”…which led me to ** it’s time to sort, fold, organize those fabric shelves. **
when I started I actually thought I only needed to do the top two shelves, but, once I got going… I totally emptied, sorted, folded and stacked the fabrics on all 6 shelves which are 5 feet wide, 18” deep and 14” tall. I can actually see what I’m running short of, and am amazed that Yes, I have gaps! Yea! It’s all nice and neat, there are no more scraps crammed onto shelves, and I didn’t find a whole lot of scraps anyway. I actually got through all of that and was back to the Accuquilt cutting red strips by the time my hubby came home from work at 4. So it was a productive afternoon. Slowly but surely I’m making headway in there. I need to spend more time sewing but when I m struggling with that spending time decluttering is a good step. I have to work all weekend so I ( might) bring a small cutting mat, cutter, ruler & basket of scraps with me and see if I can’t get some of them cut into useable sizes and decluttered during breaks. It’s supposed to rain all day so I won’t be going out for my usual 3 mile walk in the afternoon.
we shall see. Today I went for my walk- but it is so sticky humid, I found it difficult to breath so I came back in .