Old 07-24-2021, 05:09 AM
Iceblossom

Thank you so much for the story and pictures! I love your individual take on the I-spy quilts, I think it is great to have a style or viewpoint or approach. In my small group we all have definite differences and preferences of all sorts but it feeds on all of us -- one of the group is very improvisational, we do not work at all the same and just don't get what the other is doing until the final reveal. But I have learned a lot from her approach, but its hard for me to let go the way she does... When we share fabrics, there are definite preferences and styles too -- I tend to be handed anything with metallic embellishments or novelty prints...

Mostly I make my own designs and right now I guess I'm sort of bored of my own style-- I've been on a low for the last couple of years and my mojo is just starting to come back. Typically I like to sew/play a bit with fabric every day -- this past year mostly I've been making messes

I have a lot of projects on my to do list, and I've just finished a top of my own, but now I'm going to speed piece a top from a magazine just because I have the fabric and the will to sew -- plus I want to put off quilting down that other top for a week or two while I think of what to do.

I've gotten a lot from the Bonnie Hunter mysteries, and am planning to do this year as well. I have a box of solid fabrics that needs using, and one thing I've learned about mysteries is I can just let go and let the fabric and other designer take the credit/blame for whatever happens. I don't have to particularly like it myself -- someone always raves about the final result. It's a push to do it in "real time" and the mystery elements do not make the project go together the easiest way... but then again, it's not my project, I'm just doing it. It's kind of freeing really