View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 06:41 AM
Iceblossom

Whew! I have been shopping my stash hard looking for one particular rosy piece of Moda... finally found it after going through that same stack yet again! I found two other frog appropriate choices but my heart and mind were set on this one. Nice to know it was there, I am convinced that the sand had left the stash, but I'm super happy (so far anyway) with the "beach" I got instead. More fun.

While I had plenty of fabric to begin with, I have added an additional row and made the border wider and will be pushing what I have to the limit. I couldn't cut the border pieces nicely along the length of the fabric, was just a couple of inches short so think the borders will all be cut cross-grain and the directional frogs turned every which way.

While I'm cutting fabric today, I've got the quilting design for Aunt Debbie's quilt brewing in the background, sort of waiting to see what the weather will do. Right now we cool down at night and mornings would be a good time to quilt, but I'm really trying to avoid quilting in 100 degrees if I don't have to -- and I don't have to!

edit: ooo! forgot, in that big lot of thread I won at auction there are perfect colors for both the top (yellow) and bottom (variegated blue) for Aunt Debbie's quilt.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 07-24-2021 at 06:44 AM.